Robert D. Borteck
Rob’s practice is focused in estate/tax planning matters, estate administration and contested probate matters.
In addition to individual financial and business planning, Rob does a considerable amount of trust department work for the leading financial institutions in New Jersey and is designated as an Accredited Estate Planner by the National Association of Estate Planners.
Rob is a frequent lecturer on estate/tax planning topics to both private and professional groups, including numerous presentations through the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the New Jersey State Bar Association and the National Business Institute. In addition, Rob is frequently called upon to serve as an expert witness in a variety of contested probate matters.
Since 1995, he has been named in each listing of The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward/White and since 2005, has been voted among New Jersey’s Top 100 “Super Lawyers” as published in New Jersey Monthly magazine. Since 2005 New York magazine has named Rob one of the “The New York Area’s Best Lawyers” in the areas of trusts & estates.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- New York University, B.A.
- New Jersey
- New York
- The District of Columbia
- American College of Trust & Estate Counsel – Fellow; Member, Fiduciary Litigation Committee; Former New Jersey State Chair and Mid-Atlantic Representative; Former Chair, State Chairs Steering Committee
- New Jersey Practice and Procedures Committee – Former Co-Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Chair, Inheritance Tax Rules and Regulations Committee of the Board of Consultors for the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section; Former Co-Chair of the Death Tax Committee
- Northwestern New Jersey Estate Planning Council – Former President and Director
- Sub-Committee to Consider Existing Court Rules and Surrogate’s Practice with Regard to Settlement of Accounts – Former Member
- New Jersey Estate Planning, Will Drafting and Estate Administration Forms, co-author, a two-volume treatise published by Lexis Law Publishers.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education, “Estate Planning Symposium”, July 19-20, 2018
- Clear Law Institute, “Undue Influence: Planning and Litigation Considerations”, May 24, 2018
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education, “Annual Senior Lawyers Conference”, April 24, 2018
- American College of Trust and Estates Counsel, “Proving Undue Influence: What Every Estate Planner and Litigator Needs to Know”, March 21, 2018
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education, “Estate Planning Symposium”, July 20-21, 2017
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education, “Annual Senior Lawyers Conference”, April 11, 2017
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel, Considerations When Negotiating, Drafting and Enforcing Settlement Agreements Involving Probate, Trust and Guardianship Disputes”, National Annual Meeting; March, 2017
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education, “Estate Planning Symposium”, July 21-22, 2016
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education, “Annual Senior Lawyers Conference”, April 11, 2016
- ALI-CLE/ACTEC Webinar, “Tortious Interference with Expected Inheritance”, March 8, 2016
Besides Borteck & Czapek, P.C.
- Rob holds a private pilot’s license and is an avid sport enthusiast, particularly of golf.