Christine Socha Czapek
Christine Socha Czapek, partner with the firm, focuses her practice on fiduciary litigation, including contested will and trust matters, and estate planning. She also has experience in estate administration and guardianship matters (including contested guardianships) and is often appointed by the court as counsel for alleged incapacitated individuals.
Christine previously served as judicial law clerk for The Honorable Peter E. Doyne, Ret., when he sat in the Bergen County, Chancery Division, General Equity and Probate Parts. As a law clerk, Christine primarily assisted in drafting court opinions. She also performed legal research on various issues, including orders to show cause, summary judgment motions, motions to enforce litigant’s rights and motions to vacate default. As a court-appointed mediator, she also mediated Special Civil Part and Small Claims suits.
- Estate Planning Counsel of Northern New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- Somerset County Bar Association (Former Co-Chair of the Tax, Trusts and Estates Committee)
- In 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 she was selected for inclusion on list of New Jersey “Super Lawyers” New Jersey Rising Stars in the Estate & Trust Litigation section, as published in New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
- In 2009, Christine was recognized by the Raritan Valley Chapter of Habitat for Humanity with a Professional Service Award for her significant service.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Lafayette College, B.A., 2002
- New Jersey
- New York
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- July 2018 – Christine was a panelist at NJICLE’s 2018 Estate Planning Summer Institute, speaking on the subject of “Estate Litigation.”
- February 2018 – Christine was the moderator and a panelist for NJICLE’s New Attorney Day on the topic of “Estate Planning.”
- September 2017 – Christine was the moderator and a panelist for NJICLE’s New Attorney Day on the topic of “Estate Administration”
- July 2017 – Christine was a panelist at NJICLE’s 2017 Estate Planning Summer Institute, speaking on the topic of “Digital Assets.”
- November 2016 – Christine was a panelist for NJICLE’s seminar: “A Lawyer’s Guide to NJ Basic Estate Administration.”
- July 2016 – Christine was a panelist at NJICLE’s 2016 Estate Planning Summer Institute, speaking on the topic of “Digital Assets.”
- February 2016 – Christine was the moderator and a panelist for NJICLE’s New Attorney Day on the topic of “Estate Planning.”
- October 2014 – Christine was a panelist for the Somerset County Bar Foundation’s Marathon CLE Day seminar on “Practice in the Surrogate’s Court.”
- October 2012 – Christine was the moderator for the Somerset County Bar Foundation’s Marathon CLE Day seminar on “Hot Topics in Elder and Estate Law.”
- October 2010 – Christine was a panelist for the Somerset County Bar Foundation’s Marathon CLE Day seminar on “Practice in the Surrogate’s Court.”
Besides Borteck & Czapek, P.C.
- Christine is involved in alumni activities for Lafayette College. She is also an Adult Volunteer with the Youth Ministry Program of St. Helen’s Church in Westfield, New Jersey. She is also actively involved in her community (Mountainside), serving on the Board of the Newcomers Club and a member of Beautiful Mountainside, a beautification committee. Most recently Christine joined the Board of Trustees of the Jacobus Vanderveer House & Museum in Bedminster, New Jersey.
- In her free time, Christine enjoys running, gardening, photography, and spending time with her husband and daughters.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.