About Our Firm
Borteck & Czapek, P.C. is a specialty (“boutique”) law firm consisting of professionals with the skills, talents and experience to provide advice and representation to individuals, families and fiduciaries in the fields of estate planning, administration of estates and trusts, estate and trust litigation, expert witness service in tax, probate and trust-related litigation, and tax and business planning for entrepreneurs, professionals and closely held businesses. Our lawyers and staff share the overriding common goal of providing the finest personal service to our clients. We are committed to providing the highest level of services to our clients so that they may preserve their financial security for themselves and their legacy for future generations.
We advise and represent clients in the following areas:
- Income, gift, and estate and generation-skipping tax planning and advice for individuals and families.
- Estate and trust planning, including all aspects of implementation such as will and trust preparation and the preparation and formation of limited liability companies, limited partnerships, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs), customized beneficiary designations, advance directives for healthcare, powers of attorney and premarital agreements. Consideration is given to both the tax and non-tax issues involved in these complex and creative areas.
- All aspects of representation and services in probate and estate administration, including the prompt settlement of estates as efficiently and as practically as possible with the primary consideration of reducing the estate and income tax burden for the beneficiaries of the estate.
- Advice and representation in the resolution of controversies and court proceedings regarding the entire range of issues that may affect the financial well-being of a family or its members, including the interpretation, construction and reformation of wills and trusts, disputes regarding the probate of wills, the review, allowance and disputes in connection with estate and trust accountings, pre- and post-mortem tax planning, and technical matters regarding the assessment and allocation of taxes.
- Preparation of all federal and state income, gift, estate and generation-skipping tax returns and representation in administrative proceedings involving federal and state tax authorities.
- Serving as an expert witness for all types of estate-related controversies.
- Charitable gift planning, including the organization and administration of private charitable foundations, charitable lead trusts, charitable unitrusts, and other vehicles for tax advantaged charitable giving.
- Fiduciary services, including serving as executors and trustees.
- Mediation services.
- The organization and devolution of privately-owned business and real property interests.
- International estate and gift planning.